Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Vitamins!

Prior to business school, I was only sick once in six years!  Then business school hit and now I get sick all the time (chalk it up to living in a dungeon-like building with the same incestuous group of students, never getting enough sleep and being stressed out 24/7).

I eat a very balanced diet 92.9% of the time but for the thousands (okay, millions) out there who love their fast food, sugary snacks, highly processed carbs and sodas, I highly recommend the following vitamin regime (and even if you are super healthy, you can never get enough vitamins):

#1: My dear friend, who just graduated from UCLA med school, recommended that all women in their 20s take Vitamin D, Calcium and Iron.

#2: For my hair and skin, I love Fish Oil.  I used to have a recurring dry skin patch that I just couldn't get rid of, no matter how many prescription creams I tried, and it cleared up as soon as I started taking fish oil (I had the recurring skin condition for about six years before that!)

#3 For my digestive health, I recommend Probiotics.  My mom's doctor recommended this brand.

#4 Multi-vitamin.  Need I say more?

#5 I throw a Green Tea vitamin in there because I need the energy, and I've read that you can lose 5 lbs/yr if you drink a cup of green tea a day (all other variables controlled for...like moving to carb heaven Midwest from salad loving West Coast).  Still TBD on whether that works.





No comments:

Post a Comment