Search This Blog

Monday, September 23, 2013

Effortlessly Beautiful Look

The Most Natural-Yet-Still-Stunning Look

My longtime friend and crime in partner for many a crazy college adventure, Anna, just got back from traveling for eleven months (Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, India and Nepal to name a few places) and we had a good laugh at the fact that her entire makeup kit consisted of...toothpaste and a toothbrush.  Super admirable that she was able to travel so barren - I don't think I could have done it!

Here's Anna roughing it on the Thorolong-La Pass (17,769 feet) in the Annapurna Circuit:


Needless to say Anna has been "aux-natural" and graciously let me do her makeup for the first time in almost a year when we had a chance to catch up in La Jolla a few weeks ago.  She played the part quite well in a look I am going to call "Natural Yet Stunning." (every girl, and let's be honest, every guy's dream look)


Skin:

Anna's skin has been subjected to some harsh elements in the last year, so we started with Stila's CC Color Correcting Cream which helps with, well, everything (see my previous post on CC and BB creams).  Then we layered on some of Estee Lauder's Invisible Fluid Makeup foundation.  

We used Lancome's Maquicomplet Concealer for under eye and spot coverage.  I finished the look with just a touch of the aptly titled Blush Subtil by Lancome in Aplum.



Eyes:

We first tamed Anna's eyebrows and filled them in with Stila's Stay All Day Waterproof Brow Color in Medium.

For a light base eyeshadow, I used my new go-to standard, Stila's Kitten Eye Shadow that really does go with everything and is just so pretty.  (Have I convinced you to go out and buy this must-have yet?!)

For a super light, natural eyeliner look, I used the drugstore, wallet-friendly CoverGirl Queen Collection Vivid Impact Eyeliner in Cabernet.  Ironically, the product is marketed as "Eyeliner that will give you intense looking eyes that will get you noticed."  And I think it does, but in a very, "Why does she look so pretty right now?" way!

For mascara, we used my other go-to staple, Lancome's Hypnose Star 24H Waterproof in Noir Midnight.





Lips:

Anna has a small, doll-like mouth that would be over-powered with darker hues.  We used a natural-looking yet still colorful, High Shimmer Lip Gloss from Bobbi Brown in Electric Violet (the crazy name does not exactly match it's effect upon application).  This is Bobbi Brown's Award Winning Gloss Formula (and smells good, to boot).


From roughing it in India to looking effortlessly gorgeous at Scripps Pier in La Jolla Shores, Anna easily transformed her look!

2 comments:

  1. You are very beautiful! You have great blog, I really love it !
    Would you like to follow each other? Will be glad if you visit my blog.
    Have a great day!
    www.impromp-two.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete