Search This Blog

Friday, April 26, 2013

Foundation: The Art of Mixing

I started using BB (Beauty Balm) Cream last summer, when I was researching products for work and posing as an "interested consumer" at all of the beauty counters.  BB Creams have been around in Asia for-EVER but just hit the US about a year ago.  Now CC Creams are out (Color Correcting) but I have yet to try them since I already use a correcting serum at night.  And I swear my BB cream makes my skin glow, so why change it if it ain't broke?

Here's my skin with just foundation + BB cream:



What are the benefits of using BB Cream?  It's a 6-in-1 product (perfect for people on-the-go) that moisturizes, provides SPF, light coverage, helps with acne, wrinkle-prevention and evens out skin tone.  I love Estee Lauder's BB Cream (I'm a 2 shade).  A little goes a long way, and my tube has lasted nine months.



The trick is that I also mix it with a dap of my normal liquid foundation.  I love Lancome's Teint Miracle (I'm a Bisque 2 (C)).



For under-eye and spot coverage, I alternate between a lighter concealer by Lancome and a heavier one by Estee Lauder for when I haven't gotten much sleep (happens too often for my liking!).

Here's me getting my J. Lo glow on (right, summer in NYC):


No comments:

Post a Comment