Search This Blog

Friday, April 26, 2013

Wrinkle Prevention - eyes, face and neck!

My mom had quite visible crow's feet and never wore a speck of makeup - she was very naturally beautiful and you could tell she had smiled and laughed a lot throughout life.  Laugh lines are beautiful...but I still want to minimize them.  It's much easier to prevent than it is to correct wrinkles.  I've been using wrinkle cream since I was 14, so I sincerely hope my diligence pays off when I'm in my golden years!

Throwback to our sunkissed (wrinkle forming) days:


For night cream - this is one area where I think you can go drugstore or department store.  From the drugstore, I love Olay's Regenerist and from the department store, I love Lancome's High Resolution Night Cream (it smells amazing!).  Don't forget to put it on your neck and chest too.  I've tried sooo many night creams - just make sure you're getting something that is thick enough to really work it's magic as you sleep.  (Caveat:  I have normal/oily skin.  Your moisturizer routine will obviously vary with dry or very oily skin)
For eye cream, I struggle with dark circles.  Most people have one of two common problems: dark under-eye circles or puffiness.  I finally bit the bullet and bought my first La Mer product (more have followed...).  I used to use a more moderately priced Advanced Eye Cream from Kinerase, which was
also great.


I love La Mer's Eye Concentrate for a few reasons - it smells amazing, it works, it lasts forever (I'm going on nine months for my little jar and not anywhere near done), and it comes with a little silver ball applicator that smoothes and soothes the under-eye area.  So if you factor in only needing to purchase it ~once a year, the $180 price tag is [somewhat] justifiable.  You can see a difference after a minute if you apply to one eye and not the other (it was several drive-bys and trials at the La Mer counter that finally convinced me to purchase!)  This cream is specifically best for dark circles.  For puffiness, La Mer makes another eye cream, The Eye Balm Intense.  Look for products with caffeine for puffiness.

For major eye RX, I recommend Shiseido's Pure Retinol Instant Treatment Eye Mask.  It REALLY
works and is great when you have a big event and want to look "bright eyed and bushy tailed."


No comments:

Post a Comment