Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Mary Poppin's Makeup Bag

I had a friend ask me to write about what I pack in my makeup bag that I always tote around wherever I go.  Needless to say, if I ever need a touch up (or more often, one of my friends asks for something knowing I will have it), I am prepared.  Magically, all of the below fits into the bag below!


For the hair:
*Brush (I recommend this Mason Pearson Brush which I've used all my life - never breaks your hair)
*Small comb for teasing late-afternoon flatness
*Shu Uemura Volume Maker (Shu Magic)
*Extra hair-tie
For the skin:
*Powder
*Small concealer stick for touch ups (I like Bobbi Brown)
*Travel size tube of sunscreen to ensure you never get caught with a burn (I recommend any Neutrogena products)
*Small bronzer (I like to use samples I get from the makeup counter...I'm currently using Lancome's)
*Small blush (also currently using a Lancome sample)
*Brush for bronzer and blush

For the eyes:
*Sample size mascara for day-to-evening touch ups
*An eyeshadow for touch-ups that will go with any look (recommend Nude Beach by Bare Minerals)
*Plum/ purple colored eye liner (again, goes with most outfits).  I usually take ones from my makeup bag that are almost finished so that they're smaller.  Love the color of this Clinique Eyeliner.
*Eye shadow brush
*Afternoon pick-me-up eye perk (recommend Vichy's Anti-Fatigue Eye-Stick)
General health and wellness:
*Travel size multi-purpose wipes
*Hand sanitizer
*Hand cream (I used to work for this company in high school and still think the product is amazing - try Olivina's Fig Hand Cream)
*Travel size deodorant
*Travel size tube of Advil
*Extra feminine supplies
*Immodium
*Band-aids for when you've been pounding the pavement in heels too long
*Travel size perfume (love the small Kai Rollerbar)
*Extra set of contact lenses
*Eye drops
*Small nail file
*Small flashlight (you never know)
*Finally, I keep a mini swiss army knife on my keychain and it has come in handy SO many times.


Can you believe all of that fits in one small bag?!


No comments:

Post a Comment