Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

An Aromatic Experience

Over the years, I've had men ask me to tell their girlfriends to "wear whatever it is that you're wearing."  Slightly awkward, as scents are extremely personal, but who doesn't love being told that they smell nice?!

Again, scents are personal and I'm drawn to fresh, floral scents.  Not everyone wants that, and some people prefer musky, etc.  I do believe in having a work, daytime and nighttime/date night scent though.  Once I find something I like, I like to make it my "signature scent."





It helps to start with a good lotion:  I've already mentioned my favorite Shikai Gardenia Lotion, which is pretty subtle.  For something stronger, Kai Body Lotion does the trick (also gardenia scent).  For a night out on the town or special occasion, my very generous friend gave me my first taste of La Mer Body Lotion as a birthday present.  She SWEARS men go crazy for the smell and I agree, it's a pretty luxurious experience.   



For daytime, my new discovery is Aerin Lauder's Private Collection (gardenia and tuberose).  I've also been using Chanel's Chance Eau Fraiche ever since it came out (7-8 yrs ago?).  It also happens to be one of my favorite perfume ad campaigns.  It's so hard to market perfume (who approved Brad Pitt and Chanel #5?).


For date nights with the bf, I love love LOVE Dior's Pure Poison.  I discovered the scent when I bought one of those little sample Dior Perfume packs at a duty free airport shop (see? I'm a marketer's dream).



And just to reminisce a vacation to one of my favorite places in the world - Capri, Italy - I like to dab a little of Carthusia's Via Camarelle on.  It transports me back to enjoying fresh mozzarella, massive lemons and copious amounts of bouganvilla.  I bought it (along with dozens of gift-sized soaps) from a tiny little store there.  It was so charming.  If you haven't been to Capri - venga!  Pronto!





No comments:

Post a Comment